Sunday, August 1, 2010

The type of classes that I detest

Universities are places of learning, where a group of people get together to realize their collective academic dreams. Nowadays, more and more college students like skipping their classes. This action has caused a great deal of social concern and criticism. The reason why students skipping classes is they detest that classes. As for me, the type of classes that I detest are boring classes, classes at a bad timing and bad environment.
To begin with, I detest a boring classes. Sometime I feel that classes are boring and view my lecturers' teaching methods as not suitable for me. If the lecturer is the mere transmitter of information without actively engaging students in any part of the lesson, the students will inevitably be confined to boredom. I become bored in my classes because the material is not presented in such a way that I’m engaged and motivated. Learning should always be fun. If the classroom environment is totally in lecturer's control and students don't ever contribute to the flow of the lesson, learning will take place at a very slow and inefficient pace.
Apart from that, I also detest the classes at a bad timing, which makes me unable to concentrate on class.I detest that classes at 8.00a.m. because it is too early for me to get out of bed. I usually stay up late for study, so morning classes is very unsuitable for me. I often cannot concentrate in class, even fall asleep in the classroom. Another classes that I detest is night classes. As my house is far away from school, every day I walk 10 minutes to school. Therefore, classes at night is very dangerous for me, as I need walk alone go back home. I also detest the consecutive classes. I’m compelled to attend classes one after one without any pause. This cause transmission system from one subject to another is also defective.
Most of all, I detest the classes that are under bad environment. As we know, students need a good environment to study and learn.Therefore, how can a bad environment let the students pay attention during classes? I do not like the classrooms that are under bad condition, such as classrooms too hot or too cold. This type of classrooms let me feel very uncomfortable, thus can not concentrate on learning. In addition, I do not like the smaller and crowded classrooms. My classes have about 70 people, smaller classrooms are often not accommodate. I usually sit at the back seat and I often did not catch the lecturer's explanation, lead me very confused.
In a nutshell, everyone have their own views and opinions in classes that their detest. I do not know if everyone agree with me, but a boring classes, classes at a bad timing and bad environment are definitely the classes that I detest.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Shu Minn,

    Thank you for expressing your ideas. Good thesis statement and topic sentences and the examples given are reasonably explained too ^^ Good but do make sure that the first sentence to start every paragraph be indented to mark the beginning of a new paragraph ya, then it will look even more systematic ^^...Good grammar, hardly any errors but here are some that you could just look and correct ya:

    1. To begin with, I detest a boring classes.

    2. classes at night is very dangerous for me..
    Most of all, I detest the classes that are under bad environment.

    3. everyone have their own views and opinions in classes

    Do make the changes ya ^^

    All de best.

    Luv,
    Ms Jasline

    ReplyDelete